Canada Express Entry
WORK AND SETTLE IN CANADA IN 6 -12 MONTHS OR FEWER
The Canada Express Entry Program is a points based immigration program for professionals looking to settle in Canada. It awards points to professionals based on skills, experience, Canadian employment status and provincial/territorial nomination. The higher your points, the greater your chances of receiving an invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency in Canada. Typically PR applications submitted through this route are processed in 6-12 months or fewer. Take advantage of this lucrative program with Y-Axis. We are the leading authority on Canadian migration and can help you plan every step of your immigration process.
CANADA EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM DETAIL
The Express Entry program has streamlined immigration for professionals and made the process more transparent. Key details of the program are:
- This is an online program which has no cap on applicants and is open throughout the year
- The program applies only to Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Traders Program, and Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program
- You must submit an Expression of Interest and apply as an applicant under any type of job mentioned in Skill Types 0, A and B
- Your profile will be evaluated based on points and will be placed in the applicant pool
- Canadian provinces and employers will access this pool and find talent to meet their needs
- The highest points holders are sent an Invitation to Apply for PR
- The number of ITAs issued is based on the Annual Immigration Level
ELIGIBILITY FOR EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM:
The Canada Express Entry Program relies on a points-based system to evaluate applicants. The main objective of this system is to identify applicants who have the highest chance of succeeding after they migrate to Canada. The points scale has a maximum score of 1200 and evaluates you and your spouse (if any) on your:
- The highest level of education
- Online registration CAD: 300 non-refundable (4 weeks)
- Language skills
- Canadian work experience
- Other work experience
- Skill transferability
- Other factors
Benefits of the Express Entry System:
One advantage of this immigration program is its transparency. Applicants will know the CRS points they will have to score to be eligible for the Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
Candidates will be aware of the median score they should obtain in order to qualify for the ITA, if they do not make the mark, they can always make efforts to improve their CRS score or consider other CRS options.
They can look at improving their language test results, or on gaining additional work experience, look at options to study in Canada or try for a provincial nomination.
Better prospects for migrants:
Young candidates with a higher level of education, language proficiency in English or French or both or those with Canadian experience (employees or students) have the potential to reach a higher CRS score and get selected through the Express Entry system.
Candidates who manage to get a provincial nomination are eligible for 600 additional points. Those with a job offer in Canada or siblings residing in the country are eligible for additional points.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR THE EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM
Step 1: Create your Express Entry profile
You will have to first create your online Express Entry profile. The profile should include details about your age, work experience, education, language skills, etc. You will be given a score base on these details.
If you qualify by getting the required points, you can submit your profile. This will be included in the Express Entry pool.
Step 2: Complete your ECA
If you have done your education outside Canada, you should get your Educational Credentials Assessment or ECA. The ECA proves that your educational qualifications are equal to those recognized in the Canadian educational system.
Step 3: Complete your language ability tests
The next step is completing the required English language proficiency tests. The minimum score is 6 bands in IELTS equivalent to CLB 7. Your test score should be less than 2 years old at the time of application.
You will have an edge over other applicants if you know French. French language test like the Test de evaluation de Francians (TEF) will prove your proficiency in the language.
Step 4: Calculate your CRS score
If your profile makes it to the Express Entry pool, it is ranked based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. Criteria such as age, work experience, adaptability, etc. determine your CRS score. Your profile gets included in the Express Entry pool if you have the required CRS score.
Step 5: Get your Invitation to Apply (ITA)
If your profile gets selected from the Express Entry pool, you will get an ITA from the Canadian government after which you can start the documentation for your PR visa.
EXPRESS ENTRY ELIGIBILITY POINTS CALCULATOR:
The eligibility requirement for the Express Entry is 67 points out of 100. You will need to score at least 67 points under various eligibility criteria to apply for your PR visa. The Express Entry eligibility points calculator is based on the following criteria:
- Age: You can score the maximum points if you are between 18-35 years. Those above this age will gain lesser points.
- Education: Your minimum educational qualification must be equal to the higher secondary education level in Canada. A higher level of educational qualification means more points.
- Work experience: To score the minimum points you should have at least one year of work experience. If you have more years of work experience you will gain more points.
- Language ability: You must have at least 6 bands in your IELTS equivalent to CLB 7 to be eligible to apply and score the minimum points. Higher scores mean more points.
- Adaptability: You can score ten points on the adaptability factor if your family members or close relatives are living in Canada and will be able to support you when you move in there. You can also gain points if your spouse or legal partner is ready to migrate with you to Canada.
- Arranged employment: A valid job offer from a Canadian employer entitles you for ten points.
You need to have a minimum of 67 points out of 100 to be eligible to apply under the Express Entry program.
The Canada Express Entry process follows a points-based system for classifying applicants seeking to settle in Canada. The points are awarded to clients based on a Comprehensive Ranking System or CRS. Points are given to applicants based on skills, experience, Canadian employment status and provincial/territorial nomination. The higher the points, the greater are the chances of getting an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residency in Canada.
Based on the Express Entry points system, every Express Entry draw has a minimum cutoff score. These draws are held at regular intervals. Those applicants with a CRS score equal or above the cutoff score will receive an ITA. If more than one candidate has a score equal to the cutoff score, the one with a long presence in the Express Entry pool will receive an ITA.
HOW Y-AXIS CAN HELP?
Y-Axis is the immigration consultant of choice for serious applicants for Canada immigration. Our thorough process and end-to-end support ensure you take the right action at every step. We help you with:
- Qualification / Education Assessment
- Customized Document Checklist and critical document templates
- Guidance on key documentation requirements
- Filing of an online application form to create a profile for Invitation
- IELTS Guidance document
- Reference letter Templates
- Self Declaration Templates
Additionally, we also help our clients increase their chances with IELTS/TOEFL coaching and overseas job search services. Talk to us to evaluate your chances and make an informed decision.