CHANGE YOUR LIFE WITH A GERMAN JOBSEEKER VISA
The world’s 5th largest economy is looking for skilled migrants. Germany has always been an economic and cultural powerhouse and it has now thrown open its doors to skilled professionals who can contribute to the country. As a center of research and innovation, Germany offers a diverse range of opportunities for professionals with the right background. With a thriving economy and a high standard of living, Germany is one of the best places to build your life and settle as a family.
WHY IMMIGRATION IS IMPORTANT TO GERMANY
- Migrants play a key role in Germany’s social and economic development
- The growing need for skilled workers has brought increasingly well-qualified migrants to Germany
- Over the past decade, the German government has made significant efforts to assimilate foreigners
- To mitigate the effects of demographic change, Germany will likely make it easier for high- and semi-skilled immigrants to find jobs in the country
- All academics with a recognized university degree or one which is comparable with a German university degree are entitled to the “EU Blue Card” single residence and work permit. Must earn an annual gross salary of at least 52,000 euros
- Specialists in the fields of mathematics, IT, life sciences and engineering, as well as doctors, may be entitled to an EU Blue Card if they earn the same amount as comparable German workers, but no less than 40,560 euros gross per year
- EU Blue Cardholders are entitled to a permanent residence permit after 33 months
- The job seeker visa for Germany is a Long-Term Residency Permit, which allows you to stay in the country for 6 months and look for a job
- Work Permits for Non-EU Nationals:
- General employment
- Specialist professional
WHY SHOULD YOU SETTLE IN GERMANY?
- The great job market for professionals in engineering, IT and manufacturing sectors
- Incredible benefits for residents including free healthcare and education
- German cities are consistently among the ‘World’s Most Liveable Cities’
- Shortage of skilled workers in several sectors, creating opportunities for migrants
- One of the quickest visa decisions in a leading economy, allowing you to plan better
- Great salary, great benefits and access to all of European Union once you get your visa
- The largest populated country in Western Europe and also the largest economy in Europe
- Germany is the 2nd most popular migration destination in the world, after the United States
- In 2017, immigrants are about 14.8% of the German population
- Germany is an increasingly attractive destination for business immigrants, and the population is growing due to the rise in migrant activity
- Around 44.3 million people in Germany had a job in 2017 (more than half of the country’s total population)
- Wages or salaries in Germany are higher than in most countries
- Germany needs 400,000 migrants per year
JOB TRENDS IN GERMANY
- Germany is seeking qualified foreign workers in the shortage occupations (e.g. engineers, technicians, scientists, IT)
- More than 1.2m vacancies across the German job market.
- Top Industries: Machinery, Automotive and Aviation, Chemical and Medical, Energy and Environmental Technology, Engineering, Electronics and ICT, Consumer and Service.
MIGRATE TO CANADA THROUGH EXPRESS ENTRY
|Express Entry Programs
|Federal Skilled Worker Program
|Canadian Experience Class
|Federal Skilled Trades Program
|✓CLB 7 if your NOC is 0 or A
|✓CLB 5 for speaking and listening
|(English or French skills)
|✓CLB 5 if your NOC is B
|✓CLB 4 for reading and writing
|Work Experience: (Type/Level &Amount)
|✓Canadian Experience in NOCs
|✓Canadian Experience in NOCs
|✓Canadian Experience in skilled trade
|✓One year continuous within the last 10 years
|✓One year in Canada in the last 3 years
|✓Two years within last 5 years
|Selection criteria (FSW) points for a job offer.
|A full time job offer for at least 1 year
|Secondary education required.
|Extra points for your post-secondary education.
|IRCC Time Lines:
|ECA Credential Assessment: Upon submission of documents to designated authorities 8 to 20 weeks.
|Express Entry Profile: Express Entry Profile is valid for 1 year from the date of submission.
|PR Application: Upon receiving ITA client must submit supporting documents within 60 days.
|PR Visa: Upon submission of PR application the visa processing time is 6 months.
|PR Visa: PR visa is valid for 5 years.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY TO CANADA?
While each program to migrate to Canada has different criteria, there are a few things in common. Canadian immigration officials will typically assess migration applications based on:
- Educational profile
- Professional profile
- Your IELTS score
- French language skills if migrating to Quebec
- References & legal documentation
- Canadian employment documentation
This is not an exhaustive list and subject to change. Talk to a wowoverseas counsellor to assess your eligibility and increase your chances of migrating to Canada.
JOB TRENDS IN CANADA
|Average Salary in CAD
|$52,000 to $64,000
|$63,000 to $75,000
|Engineering Project Manager
|$74,000 to $92,000
|$73,000 to $87,000
|IT Project Manager
|$92,000 to $114,000
|$75,000 to $92,000
|$83,000 to $99,000
|$59,000 to $71,000
|Customer Service Representative
|$37,000 to $43,000
|$37,000 to $46,000