USA Student Visa & Admission

The US H1B Visa is one of the most popular ways to work in the US. It is a visa that must be applied for by an employer on behalf of a specialist employee.

Since the visa is granted to specialists, typically applicants hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and are from fields such as IT, finance, architecture, medicine, science etc.

WOW Overseas  helps employers with filing for H1B petitions for their employees. We also help employees from across the world get hired by companies likely to sponsor them for an H1B visa.


The H1B Visa is one of the most competitive visas to apply for. Due to there being an annual visa cap, there is a huge demand from US employers applying for this visa. Additionally, since it is a route to a Green Card, it is one of the best visas to apply to work in the US.

Under the H1B, successful petitioners can:

  • Live and work in the US.
  • Extend the stay in the US.
  • Change employers during H-1B status.
  • Stay with their dependent spouse & children (aged under 21) in the US.

The H1B is a point based visa system and you need a minimum of 12 points for your application to be assessed. You must have:

  • A Bachelors or Masters degree from the US (or an equivalent in your country).
  • Or 12 years work experience.
  • Or a mix of education and work experience.

You are awarded points as follows:

  • 3 points for every 1 year of college studies.
  • 1 point for every 1 year of work experience.

Once you score a minimum of 12 points, your H1B petition can then be prepared.

H1B visa cost: 

Standard H1B Filing Fee is currently – $460.The standard H1B filing fee is for the 1-129 petition.

H1B visa base filing fee is set to increase by 21% from $460 USD to $555. The proposed fee increase will be effective from October 2nd, 2020.

The fee can either be paid electronically as a bank transfer or in cash at a specified bank that has branches across India. Next, create a profile on the US Visa Service website and select the scheduled appointment option to ensure the correct amount is paid and the appointment is scheduled in a timely manner.

On the payment confirmation screen, you will be presented with payment options and further details of how to initiate payment. The fee is good for a year from the date of payment. You must take an appointment within one year for your visa interview.


An H4 visa is a non-immigrant dependent visa. The visa does not grant you permanent residency, but it gives you the right to live, study, and work in the US.

Who is eligible?

  • Spouse of the H type visa holder
  • Children under the age of 21 whose parent is an H visa holder

The validity of the H4 visa

The validity of the visa is dependent on the visa of the sponsor who is also called the principal applicant.

The visa is usually sponsored by the spouse or parent having the H type visa. The H4 visa becomes invalid when the visa of the sponsor expires.

 Privileges of the H4 visa

  • You can get a driver’s license
  • You have opportunities to study in the US
  • You qualify for financial services, such as banking and an H4 visa loan

 Work permission for the H4 visa holder

  • The holder of the H4 visa may work part-time, full-time or not at all.
  • The H4 visa holder is permitted to start any form of business.
  • The holder of the H4 visa may continue to be eligible for EAD even if he does not seek employment.

Documents required for application

  • US visa interview appointment letter
  • A valid passport
  • Copy of the primary visa holder’s passport
  • Photograph of the primary visa holder and applicant together
  • Passport-sized photograph of the applicant
  • Confirmation page of the online DS-160 form
  • Visa fees receipt from the relevant bank
  • A copy of the primary visa holder’s form I-797
  • A letter from the primary visa holder’s employer stating the nature of the relationship between the primary visa holder and employer
  • Pay stubs from the primary visa holder’s current place of work
  • Original marriage certificate
  • Original birth certificates of children


The L-1A Visa is a US-issued non-immigrant visa. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues this visa for foreign directors or managers being transferred to U.S. offices of their company. International businesses that do not have associated offices in the U.S. may also use an L-1A visa to send a manager or executive to create one there.

L1 Visa Requirements:

There are two main requirements for an L1 visa: employer requirements and employee requirements.

Employer Requirements:

A qualifying relationship must be formed between the employer within the US and its international branch/subsidiary/affiliate that employs the applicant. This indicates that the two organizations are in some way tied by their ownership or association with each other.

Furthermore, the employer needs to be doing business in the US and at least one other country during the visa holder’s stay in the US.

Employee Requirements:

With an L1 visa, the applicant must have been working for the international employer for at least one year in the preceding three years before they were admitted to the U.S.

This employment must have been in an administrative, corporate, or technical area of expertise and their prospective jobs in the U.S. must be within the same fields.

L1A Visa to Green Card

An L1A visa applicant has a relatively straightforward way of acquiring a green card since it falls under an EB-1C Green Card. This does not require a PERM Labor Certificate, cutting off the processing time by up to 8 months.

The employer just needs to file an I-140 petition to qualify for the green card. If the applicant has been accepted, he files for a status adjustment (Form I-485).


L2 visas are also known as L1 dependent visas.  The L2 visa is granted to the spouses and dependents of L1 visa holders. An L2 visa is a non-immigrant visa.

L1 dependents include:

Spouses of visa holders.

Dependent children under the age of 21.

L2 visa holders can:

  • Live in the U.S. temporarily.
  • Study full-time or attend college in the U.S.
  • Apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to work in the U.S.
  • Change your visa status to another non-immigrant visa like F1, B1/B2, H1, and L1.
  • Travel in and out of the US on brief international trips.

Documents required for L2 visa application:

  • A completed Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
  • Valid passport.
  • Passport photo.
  • Original marriage certificate.
  • Original birth certificates for each dependent child.
  • Written approval of the employer of the primary L1 visa holder.
  • Employment verification letter from the L1 visa holder’s employer.
  • L1 holder’s Form I-797.
  • Visa application fee.
  • Visas issuance fee.


An R1 visa is for those who want to work in the United States as religious workers. It is a short-term visa.

Eligibility Conditions

First of all, you will have to work at a part-time job in the US, meaning that you’ll spend at least 20 hours a week at work.

At the same time, you need to get a job that has to do with your religion. To put it another way, you have to either work in a religious position or be a minister there.

You are also entitled if you have a bona fide religious charitable organization and you were a member of the religious community before applying for a visa and you spent at least two years in that role before applying for an R1 visa.

You are not eligible if you are not going to work in a religious group or a church or is not going to do anything related to their activities. These visas are particularly for religious workers who have a job in the area, and no one else.

Documents Required

  • A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay.
  • Passport photo taken in the last six months.


The R2 visa is a temporary US visa that authorizes an R1 visa holder’s spouse and unmarried child (under 21 years) to enter the US.

The holders of R2 status may remain in the country for as long as the holders of R1 remain in legal status. In other words, once the principal R-1 person loses legal status, an individual loses his / her R-2 status.

R2 visa holders can:

  • Take part in a full-time study course in the US.
  • Travel freely in and out of the US during the validity of the visa.
  • Apply for permanent residency status.

However, the R2 visa holder cannot work in the US.

Documents Required

  • All documents required for an R-1 visa.
  • Original birth certificate for each child.
  • Marriage registration certificate.
  • Copy of spouse’s passport.
  • Proof of financial support.
  • Copy of the contract between the employer and the R1 religious worker.


The H1B visa requires the highest quality of documentation in order to give your petition a chance at success. WOW Overseas has the knowledge and experience to ensure your application is thorough and meets all benchmarks. Our teams assist with:

  • Preparing your documentation
  • Job Search Assistance in the US
  • Complete Application Processing
  • Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
  • To work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer

The H1B Visa is a life-changing opportunity for anyone looking to work in the US.  WOW Overseas can help you make the most of this opportunity with our end-to-end support that starts with helping you find a job, applying for a visa, applying for a PR and more. Talk to us today to discover how we can help you.